Best Baby Bouncer
Baby Bouncers are great for helping early development of motor and balancing skills, so it's important that you get the best baby bouncers in quality and design. There are many different varieties and types of baby bouncers; ones that are good for engagement, others which help babies get off to sleep. Some even have advanced features such as music speakers and adjustable foldouts for when babies grow into toddlers. Today we are going to look at all of these things and show some of the best baby bouncers on the market.
When Should You Use A Baby Bouncer?
Whilst the clue is in the name, the age range at which you should use a baby bouncer can be confusing. The fact is that certain baby bouncers are designed for short periods of time and others are designed for older babies. The range can be anything from 12 months to 36 months; certain baby bouncers have a weight limit that you should take note of- exceeding this will probably damage the baby bouncer and also not be enjoyable for your baby.
Baby Bouncer's are great at developing the motor and balancing skills that begin to really get going during their early first few years. The natural bouncing movements a baby will enjoy making help strengthen motor skills, especially if they have toy bars that babies can reach out and play with. A bouncer can also allow your baby to get a better view of the room they're in- allowing them to take in everything from a better, safe position than if they were on their back or belly.
Toy bars come with some baby bouncers- so if this is something you're interested in, you will have to choose wisely. Some of the best baby bouncers do come with a detachable toy bar, so if you prefer not to have one, you can have both options. Toy bars have a selection of different toys that babies can fiddle and touch with; including rattles, spinners and objects they can learn to hold and press. Some also come with sound, which might get a little annoying if you're trying to relax.
Some other features to look out for are:
- Music Speaker - some of the more advanced baby bouncers have built in music speakers, allowing you to play lullabies or other soothing music using Bluetooth from your phone.
- Automatic Vibrations - having soft, reoccuring vibrations in your bouncer encourages your little one to move and feel relaxed. Great for kick-starting the development of motor skills.
- Machine Washable - Babies are notoriously messy. Whether its spit, sick or food, getting it in the baby bouncer can be a nightmare to clean up. Luckily, the seating and cushions can be machine washable on most devices; so look for something that has detachable cushions for a quick wash after bounce time.
- Batteries - You may need to get specific batteries for certain baby bouncers to function; such as for toy sounds or vibrations in the bouncer itself.
- Recline Positions - Some baby bouncers will have a variety of different recline positions that you can adjust for certain situations; sleeping, eating and playing.
- Portability - You don't want your baby bouncer to be incredibly heavy if you want something portable so you can move it from room to room as you go about your day.
The Best Baby Bouncers
Lets take a look at some of the best baby bouncers on the market. We've gone for a variety of different price ranges
FisherPrice are renowned name for baby products and the Infant-To-Toddler Rocker is perfect for bouncing your baby. It has 2 reclining positions that you can adjust so that your baby has the perfect position. The toy bar is removable and contains three different toys that babies can play with to improve their motor skills. The settings on the bottom of this baby bouncer allow you to set calming vibrations that will make relaxing that much better.
Features2 Reclining Positions
Removable Toy Bar
Dive into this ocean-themed baby bouncer with a brilliantly designed water world. Babies and toddler can reach out and play with the variety of different toys, including musical themed toys, numbers and more. There are 4 different height positions and the bouncer can move 360 degrees. This bouncer allows the baby to jump and bounce to stretch their legs.
Features4 different height positions
Musical themed toys
This animal themed bouncer uses soft fabrics to give your baby the perfect seating position anywhere. The fabrics are machine washable, making it easy to clean up after any spillages. It has a soothing vibrations button at the bottom of the bouncer to help baby keep calm and relax. The toy bar is also removable, making it perfect bouncer for feeding time.
Removable Toy Bar
This baby bouncer by company BabyJorn have produced an ergonomic baby bouncer, with proper head and back support. This bouncer is great for newborn babies and up to 2 year olds. There are three different positions you can set the bouncer too, as well as a special transport mode for travelling. The fabric is machine washable and it comes in a variety of colors. There are no batteries needed to use this bouncer as it relies on baby's movement.
Three different positions + transport mode
We are really excited about this product; the Gracro EveryWay Soother is a really cool bouncer and comes with it's own detachable baby swing that allows you to set automated motions to swing the baby gently from side to side. There are eight different ways to swing with 16 different soothing motions. The swing machine is completely detachable, meaning you can take the rocker with you anywhere. The speed of the swing seat is adjustable, allowing you to set your own preferences.
8 different modes