Best Bodysuits For Babies
One of the best things about becoming a parent for the first time is dressing up your babies in bodysuits. Whether you want to show off your baby in the latest styles and trends, or you want them to look cute and cuddly during play time with friends, bodysuits are essential clothing to a newborn's wardrobe. Luckily, you have plenty of choice in the matter, so let's dive into some of the best bodysuits for babies.
Bodysuit or Babygrow?
A bodysuit and babygrow are often confused by new parents; you'll even find the terms misused by stores and manufacturers! The difference between the two is actually quite simple:
A babygrow is a garment that has leg sleeves whereas a bodysuit is more akin to a vest. Babygrows are often used when you want to keep your baby warm and tucked up and a bodysuit is more casual for cooler climates.
One thing you need to consider when purchasing bodysuits is the fact that your baby is going to grow a rapid pace from when they're born. Something that you purchased for your baby at 2 months is probably not going to fit at 8 months. You should consider this when buying expensive designer clothing as you're unlikely to get any resale value on brand new babyclothes; in fact, if you are after expensive labels, you are better looking at used clothes as you'll find plenty available there.
Bodysuits are actually quite good in regards to a baby's body size changing. They tend to be quite stretchy and provide plenty of room for a baby to grow into. They can usually last up to 6 months; sizing charts tend to sell them from 0-6, 6-12 and 12-18 months old. By the time they're 12 months old though you may already be considering dressing them in proper clothes. Enjoy the bodysuits whilst you can!
Materials used for bodysuits are also another factor to consider.
- Cotton is a breathable and absorbent fabric. Perfect for newborn babies and bodysuits- you'll find this is one of the most common materials used for bodysuits- or you'll find a mixture of cotton and polyester.
- Merino Wool - A premium, super-soft wool that is very good at insulating. You'll often find this material in blankets for keeping campers warm, but it is also used in bodysuits too for snuggling up babies.
- Silk - A rarer material found in bodysuits, but it's luxurious soft material is often desired by stylish moms.
- Cashmere - Wool that comes from the soft undercoat of cashmere goats, beautifully soft and luxurious to come by.
- Polyester - This synthetic material is very cheap to produce and often used for mass-production of clothing.
Some other things to look out for when purchasing a bodysuit:
- Is it machine washable? Some bodysuits material need to be hand-washed, otherwise they will shrink or get ruined. Best to check the label if you're purchasing high-quality bodysuits.
- Ceritfications - If you're concerned by how your bodysuits are created, checking for certifications from harmful chemicals is also something to consider.
- Snap Closure - You don't want to be struggling doing up your baby's bodysuit when you're in a rush or your baby is not happy. Snap closure offers quick and painless clothing that you can get on your baby in seconds rather than minutes. Also great for diaper changes and bath time.
- Packs - Buying in bulk is likely to save you money rather than buying individually. You'll also probably need quite a few bodysuits as babies tend to be quite messy!
The Best Bodysuits For Babies
I've put some of the best bodysuits for babies below- but you be the judge! Let us know if you've got any recommendations for bodysuits and we'll consider adding them to this list.
These machine washable bodysuits are perfect for your newly born baby girls. It comes with 6 adorable designs, including patterns of flowers, watermelons and lemons. They have hassle-free snap closure and you can select size and color on the page.
Features6 Girl Bodysuits
Hudson have designed these 5 woodland creatures themed bodysuits that are unisex. They come in sizes 0-24months and are made from 100% cotton with long sleeves. There are other packs which include packs of 3, so if you're not sure on the product you can go for a smaller sample size.
FeaturesCotton Long Sleeved
If you're looking for something plain and simple, this 5-pack from Gerber will offer you 100% cotton bodysuits. They have a snap closure at the bottom for quick changing and are completely machine washable. The full-white versions are great for crafting projects; if you want some color there are color options too.
There's never a bad time to get your child into Disney and these bodysuits feature some famous Pixar films. Made from 60% cotton and 40% polyester, you can dress your body up as a Finding Nemo, The Incredibles or Buzz Light Year from Toy Story. They can be machine washed on cold and have snap-closure at the bottom for quick changing.
60% Cotton, 40% Polyester
Machine Washable on cold
These soft gentle unisex bodysuits from Luvable come in packs of 5 and can be worn in sizes up to 2 years old. They are made from 100% cotton and can be machine washed. If you don't like these designs, there are other options available to choose from.
Features5 bodysuits unisex